Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 16th, 2015 13:00

Dell Integrated Cam stopped working on Windows 10

Hi,

I own a Dell XPS 15 L502x system with Windows 10. I've been using the system for about a month and a half now without any issues with my Quantas integrated webcam. Today when I was on skype, the cam crashed and it wouldn't work then on.

So far these are all the things I have tried:

1. I restarted the PC.
  2. Uninstalled Dell Webcam Central, restarted and then re-installed it.
  3. Uninstalled the Imaging Device from Device Manager and Windows 10 didn't detect it on restart.
  4. Manually tried installing the Quantas Driver, it was installed in compatibility mode and still the imaging device is not showing up in the Device Manager.
  5. My PC Doctor Dell Diagnostics show no problem at all. All tests are passed.
  6. Tried restoring the PC to a previous point, still no luck.
  7. As a last resort, used the hardware troubleshooter it didn't find any issues.
  8. Also tried to add a device manually in Device Manager, but it didn't work too. Also tried add legacy hardware, still not fixed.

My whole business depends on Skype calls and this is a big blow to me right now. 

I updated Windows 10 only after the Microsoft tool showed me that my PC is ready and suited for Windows 10 upgrade. Please help me. Thanks in advance.

5 Posts

September 17th, 2015 00:00

I installed the updated Dell Webcam Central and the cam is up again. Could you please resume support and update all drivers for L502x systems? Also can you address on this BIOS issue?

Helpful Video:

5 Posts

December 2nd, 2015 05:00

I see responses to this that are what I did.  I just wanted to say that this is what I had to do to get my Integrated Webcam to work on Windows 10

When I upgraded to Windows 10, the webcam wasn't recognized by software.  So, I went to the device manager and uninstalled it as several said to do.  I then restarted my machine...but Windows 10 never recognized the device...unlike what several said.

So, I did a lot more searching for an answer and I found this link: http://ftp.us.dell.com/monitors/Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe

This link is the Dell Webcam Central which is apparently required to run the webcam.  I installed this software and restarted my computer and the webcam works now with Windows 10

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 16th, 2015 23:00

Hi PasserPort,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS on the computer. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, then download the BIOS required onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Also, I would suggest you to run a thorough test on the camera. You can download SupportAssist from the link below and run the Camera test to check for issues

http://dell.to/1hAPOXr

In addition, Camera on Dell XPS L502x has native drivers from Windows operating system. Please uninstall the quanta’s driver from the system

Please let me know the findings.

5 Posts

September 17th, 2015 00:00

Why everyone is repeating the same. Please read my description. I did try that Diagnosis and the webcam was not detected anywhere to be tested. Also, I did update my BIOS. As you told, I have uninstalled the driver now and am downloading some webcam monitor from dell. (http://t.co/CDMj2vI1D3)

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 21st, 2015 12:00

Hi PasserPort,

We are glad that webcam issue is fixed. However I see that you had an issue with the GPU on XPS L502x with Windows 7 operating system I regret about it. I would suggest you to check for online workarounds for this issue. However I will pass this info to our product group but we cannot determine when there will be a solution available as this system is out of warranty.

2 Posts

October 25th, 2015 06:00

Hi

I am having a similar problem on my Latitude laptop - upgraded to windows 10 and when I went to Skype the webcam is not detected. In the device manager it has a yellow triangle next to it. I tried uninstalling the device and restarting - no goo. Would you believe that on Friday Dell remote support could not take control of my laptop to investigate because DellConnect was not working!

I would like to try updating the Webcam Central s/w but do not know where to find it and even if I did find it I need a simple step-by-step guide to installing and running it..

Can somebody help me please??

Mr Ashbo

2 Posts

November 3rd, 2015 05:00

Well it is now November 3rd and Dell have today sent an engineer to install a new webcam and backplane - and guess what??

The problem is the SAME - NOT FIXED!!!

As I suspected all along this is S/Ware issue and it must be related to my Windows 10 upgrade - still no solution in sight as far as I can see.

Mr Ashbo

1 Message

November 25th, 2015 00:00

I found this discussion because I have issues with all the webcams on the following Dell equipment...

Dell SP2309W monitor, If I plug in the USB lead, I get BSOD (Windows 10)

Dell Studio 1558 laptop, OS cannot see the device, no camera available to update! (Windows 10)

Dell Venue 8 Pro, no front or rear camera found in device manager, no drivers available (Windows 10)

Dell Venue 11 Pro, no front or rear camera found in device manager, no drivers available (Windows 10)

NONE of the kit has any useful information on the Dell websites, and no drivers available.

6 Posts

October 17th, 2016 12:00

That Dell can't be bothered to issue updated webcam drivers for a monitor that really isn't that old tells me a lot about Dell's commitment to its products.

So if Dell's not committed to durability, why should I spend my money with them?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 17th, 2016 15:00

clemon79,

All the drivers and information can be found in the article...

Using and Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

Rick

October 20th, 2016 00:00

RockSt☆r-Rick K - that doesn't help because Win 10 doesn't detect the camera and install the generic driver.

XPS-12 (9Q23) - No listing for Imaging devices despite showing hidden devices and scanning for hardware changes!

5 Posts

October 20th, 2016 01:00

In fact, I have the link to the software above...it if still works.

5 Posts

October 20th, 2016 01:00

So, awhile ago...shortly after upgrading to Windows 10, I found this and other threads because the webcam on my XPS15 wasn't working.  I eventually found a link to Dell Webcam Central.  It took a long time to find, but when I installed it, the webcam started working.

Recently, I had trouble using it again.  It wasn't showing up in the Camera app on Windows 10.  So, I uninstalled it and, again, Windows 10 didn't automatically re-install it.  I was pretty frustrated because I'm at sea and I make videos for my kids to see.  But, I went back to Dell Webcam Central and it works fine in there.  It also works in Skype.  It just doesn't work in the native Windows 10 camera app.

And, now, when I check my device manager, a generic webcam is installed.  So, I would say, search around for that software and get it installed.

October 20th, 2016 08:00

Forgot to say, that file is on this page:- www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

October 20th, 2016 08:00

That might be helpful unless it's Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam SW RC1.1_ R230103.exe which I've just installed and when running Dell Webcam Central it comes up with the message "Please plug in a supported device". At the bottom it says "No supported webca..." (Skype can't find the webcam either.)

I still have no Imaging devices in Device manager and I have scanned for Hardware changes and viewed hidden devices.

No Events found!