Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

10 Posts

March 22nd, 2008 20:00

Dell LIED to me!!!! ARRRGGGHHH!!! [Very angry customer]

Wow, who knew I'd come back to once again complain about you guys...CAN YOU HONESTLY GET ANYTHING RIGHT????? For some reason I think the answer is NO...DELL CANNOT GET ANYTHING RIGHT...

Want to know why? Well for the first part you can go here and read...

http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=Tech_Talk_XPS_Laptop&message.id=8849#M8849

soo...finally...after a while...they sent me a replacement XPS M1730. and this is what happens...

Dell PROMISED to send me an XPS with DUAL nVidia 8700M GT...yes they PROMISED...so much in fact that they acctually called me once to tell me the specs...and I talked to them on live chat to check for me and they CONFIRMED two video cards in SLi...guess what I got? You guessed straight...A SINGLE 8700M GT. I checked using GPU-Z and it shows single nVidia 8700M GT with 256MB video memory.

to PROVE that Dell Customer Service CONFIRMED to me that I will be getting DUAL nVidia 8700M GTs here is the chat log.

Session ID: 17879607

[had to remove this chat log or else I would have gotten this thread removed?]

Says right there...SLI, what happened? I don't know this computer doesn't come with that specified video card.

Someone working at Dell should look at this and start resolving this issue right away, cuz I am one unhappy customer.

Message Edited by Foxhound31 on 03-22-2008 05:18 PM

10 Posts

March 22nd, 2008 21:00

ejn63, I was PROMISED the dual video cards, confirmed by multiple Dell customer service people.

If they promised it, confirmed it and they don't provide it, it really doesn't matter what my original PC was. And for your info, when they do a replacement they are supposed to replace it with something of equal or greater performance, not less. and the 8700M GT is outpaced by the 7950GTX in all domains. 

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

Unless you got the promise of the upgrade in writing, you're not going to get anywhere - they replaced a single-core notebook with a single core notebook.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

First, edit your post to remove the online chat thread - otherwise, the post will be deleted by the moderator.

What system did you have replaced?  If it had a dual card, you are entitled to one in the replacement.  If it did not, you are not.

10 Posts

March 22nd, 2008 23:00

I called Dell, and inquired about my computer and the graphics card.

After asking what kind of video card I was supposed to have and what kind I got, they DID make a mistake. I WAS supposed to get dual video cards in SLi.

So hopefully they are going to come and fix it again ._. 

No Events found!