Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 6th, 2014 20:00

Dell Laptop Audio problem

I am using Dell 15 r 3521 in windows 7 os.

when i attach my headphone it is not working at all. I update driver and its shows "Best driver for your device already installed".

when i remove headphone than no sound at all in laptop.

when i try to restart and shutdown its not shuting down.

i also take help of "MicrosoftFixit.AudioPlayback.RNP.160312495306123163.1.1.Run" but it cant find any thing.

4 Posts

January 7th, 2014 20:00

hi

thanx for help.

its solve the problem, i just install the Intel HM77 chipset driver and its solve.

4 Posts

January 7th, 2014 20:00

hi

Thanx for help....

Its done, right now i am not facing any problem from it. i install the Intel HM77 chipset driver and its solve the problem.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 6th, 2014 21:00

when i attach my headphone it is not working at all. I update driver and its shows "Best driver for your device already installed".

The latest Realtek audio driver for the 15R 3521 has a bug where the headphones are not recognized after booting up, but it appears that you have a worse problem than that.

I suggest that you try using the native Windows audio driver. To install the native driver, remove the Realtek driver. Open the Device Manager and expand the Sounds controllers section. Right click on the Realtek and select to uninstall. Put a check mark in the option to delete the files, and then ok. When you reboot, Windows will either install its own native driver or another Realtek driver if there were any other versions on the hard drive. So go back to the Device Manager and check for a Realtek driver. Keep uninstalling & rebooting until Realtek no longer appears under sound controllers. The name of the native driver will appear as "High Definition Audio Device".

when i remove headphone than no sound at all in laptop.

If you still do not have any sound through the speakers even when using the native driver then contact tech support about a possible repair.

when i try to restart and shutdown its not shuting down.

I don't know what is causing that.

4 Posts

January 6th, 2014 21:00

hi i already done this process and its appear below it.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 7th, 2014 04:00

Hello, sorry for the delay -- I had gone off line last night before seeing your reply.

There appears to have been some changes made to your computer from the factory configuration. Use Windows System Restore and try to find a Restore Point dated from before you started having problems. [Type "System Restore" into the Start menu search box, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore.] Try to return the computer to the earlier point.

If doing that does not fix the problem, then go to your Inspiron 3521 downloads page. Select "MS Windows 7 64bit" in the box. (If you navigate away from that page and then return to it using your browser back button, you should re-select "Windows 7" each time).

Expand the Chipset category. Install the Intel HM77 chipset driver and restart. (Later you might want to Install the Realtek card reader driver.)

Next install the Realtek audio driver, but don't use the one on your downloads page. Instead use the older version, Realtek 6.0.1.6690. That one does not have the headphone jack bug.

If doing those things does not resolve the problems you have been having, then I suggest that you use the factory image (Factory Image Restore) to return your laptop back to the condition it was in when brand new. Doing that will fix all of the software related problems and any problems that remain must be attributed to hardware failure.

No Events found!