Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2015 11:00

Dell Laptop Inspiron N7010 Touchpad Not Working

Over a year ago, I had to send in my laptop to dell for repairs for the 2nd time.  Unfortunately, the 2nd time, it came back with a new hard drive -- which I was not anticipating since there was nothing wrong with the hard drive -- and they did not replace the hard drive the first time I sent it in  The touchpad worked fine before I sent it in for repairs.  When it was returned, the touch keypad was not working but I had no time to investigate it, since I had to get everything back on the hard drive.  So many months have gone by and I have not been able to get the touchpad working.  I had a few minutes today, so I tried looking on this forum but don't find an answer, as yet.  The touchpad hot key (key to the right of F12) doesn't do anything.  I saw something about trying a system restore but that is not a viable option for me because it has been so long since it stopped working (mysteriously, while at Dell for repair).  The keyboard /facing must have been replaced also, because it came back with one that has a huge dent in it.  How do I fix the touchpad? 

I am running Windows 7 (as installed on 2nd repair).

Dell Order # Order number removed per privacy policy>  Dell DPS [tag:147035308] Service Tag # < ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>  RMA #758211267

RMA #448848081

1 Message

July 6th, 2015 07:00

Have heard from Dell on this issue? My laptop (inspiron n7010) is acting the same way. Any feedback is appreciated.

2 Posts

July 10th, 2015 07:00

No, of course not.   After purchasing Dell's for 25+ years, my next computer will not be a Dell.  Never heard a word.  Touchpad still not working.  Gave up.

No Events found!