This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 21st, 2013 07:00

Dell Laptop Tracking & Recovery | Ukraine

Hello,

Few days ago my Dell Laptop (Inspiron 15R 5521) was stolen. I bought it and used in Ukraine. Few times I try to  call into call center and forced with a lot of issues(I can describe it late if it is needed), as a result: 0% progress and now my personal opinion that "Dell Support is awful". I'm writing this post as a last chance to change something.

Currently I have:

1) Statement to the local police (can provide information like "Police Station", "Case Number","Officer(s)" etc.)

2) Laptop box  with some sticker (where listed SN, Order and some other information that not understandable for me)

Please help me to find my laptop!

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 21st, 2013 07:00

Unless you have paid for a tracking service subscription (loJack, Prey), there's no way to track the system.

You can report it stolen to Dell (it sounds like you already have) and to the police, but if you haven't activated a tracker service, you are out of luck.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 21st, 2013 08:00

It looks like Dell sells only through resellers in your country - you should contact the seller.

http://euro.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/emea/contact/edb/ukraine_en?c=ua&l=ru

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 21st, 2013 08:00

I report to local police about that my laptop is stolen.

I try few times to report to Dell, but I could not.

This accident is NOT reported to Dell.

Can some from Dell contact with me by e-mail? I'll provide all information that I have.

No Events found!