Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 23rd, 2017 09:00

Dell Laptop has been having problems starting, somehow evolved into 7 beeps

Hello everyone. about 3 or 4 days ago my keyboard stopped working during use. When I tried to restart it, my Dell Inspiron 5552 had issues starting up because of battery issues. I got messages saying the battery could not be identified or that the voltage wasn't strong enough. The message would change and I would get the orange and white light. I was never able to bypass this screen, but I got lucky one time. The keyboard still didn't work, but when I logged on I had no battery issues and it was fully charged. When I got online it said that I should uninstall the keyboard driver in the device manager and that I should restart it to get it working again.

When I tried restarting it, I started having trouble booting. It wouldn't get passed the dell screen, and eventually I started having problems with 7 beeps. Before, I would get the white screen and it would do a scan and freeze. I haven't even been lucky enough to get to that screen recently. The laptop just starts, reboots, starts, and then the 7 beeps come on. I tried to use the blanket/towel method but my laptop is not heating up at all. It takes an hour to finally even be remotely warm, and even then it doesn't work. I guess there could be a slight chance that I'm not wrapping it up well but it seems that I'm in the minority because I've only read a few posts that said that this method did not work and many more that said it did work. Is there anything else I can try? I have no experience with taking out motherboards and etc. so I have avoided trying that, but if it isn't as hard as I think it is I suppose I can try it. My warranty lasts until June, but I just want to at least be able to log on so I can back up my files. any advice? thanks in advance. also, im very curious to know what would have led to this series of problems in the first place.

No Responses!
No Events found!