Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 19th, 2014 15:00

Dell Latitude D600 WiFi not working

When I go to the Device Manager there's a question mark next to 02MicroSmartCardBus_Reader, PCI Modem, Network Controller, and Ethernet Controller. When I click on them, the first two say "driver(s) not installed" and the second two say "device not configured".

The second two are detected by the system every time I turn the PC on, and then fail to be installed because they say I'm missing the software to install them. What software do I need, for them, and what drivers do I need?

I'm not using this computer now, because it doesn't connect to the internet. I'm using a library computer.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 19th, 2014 15:00

guywithanaccountnow,

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct

Start with the Dell System Software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

March 19th, 2014 19:00

Where do I find these drivers and how will I know which ones are which? Some of the items on this list have generic names. and what's the difference between #7 and #10?

No Events found!