Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

April 5th, 2013 14:00

Dell Latitude D620 Display turn off when Ac adapter is connected.

Hi

I have weird issue.

Whenever I connect AC adapter, display on my laptop goes black and it remians black even after I remove adapter. If I poweroff laptop while adapter connected and power on it again, the lights on keyborad just blinks and it shuts down. If I remove adapter and turn it on then it works fine.

If I connect adapter while laptop is powered off then it charges the battery as usual .

What could be the issue ?

Thanks

2.2K Posts

April 5th, 2013 14:00

Hi teamcloud,

You may try updating the BIOS of the system using the link mentioned below:

http://dell.to/13N3ACj

NOTE: Ensure battery is more than 30% charged and the adapter is connected during the BIOS update.

If the issue persists, try a good known adapter to isolate the issue.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

5 Posts

April 5th, 2013 18:00

Thanks for reply.

I had downloaded the bios update file but when i launch, it asks to connect adapter and the moment i connect it goes blank.

Adaper  is working fine on other laptop and it is also charging the battery when laptop is off.

is it possible to run laptop from adapter only via removing battery

Thanks

2.2K Posts

April 8th, 2013 10:00

Hi teamcloud,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes the laptop runs on adapter without the battery connected.

Please let me know if the laptop runs on adapter only.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

1 Message

July 28th, 2015 08:00

I'm having the same issue, screen turns black when I plug in the ac adapter.  I've updated the BIOS as suggested but that didn't help.  My laptop won't run with the battery detached and on ac adapter only.  Also, I noted the screen doesn't turn black with the ac adapter plugged in if I run it in safe mode?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Todd

No Events found!