Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 4th, 2015 01:00

Dell Latitude E5440 Fingerprint issue with Windows 10

I can't use the fingerprint with Dell Data Protection | Security Tools after I upgrade to Windows 10. With Windows 8.1 driver but Windows Hello works fine. But Windows 10 always tried to upgrade the driver which the new version makes my fingerprint won't work anywhere.

Please fix this issue ASAP

2 Posts

August 19th, 2015 03:00

Hi Jennifer !

The second option was the solution, I uninstalled the DDP applications and WIn10 controlvault drivers as well and installed the old Windows 8 driver. The reader now works well with Hello.

Thanks for Your help !

P.S.: I've been using Dell products for more than 10 years, but this was the only problem with a non-working type driver for a new operating system. Maybe the driver testing guys were on vacation ? :-)

Attila

1.2K Posts

August 19th, 2015 04:00

Hi @assinfo ,

Thank you for verifying the solution .Now together  can assist other users to resolve this issue .The issue is that windows 10 drivers for the fingerprint reader as yet to be released by Microsoft .

@Chaiwatsi ,@Francois  @Mcfly13  and @Mhd30 ,

I would ask all of you to try this step as advised by @assinfo   and advise the result ,

Hoping to hear from you all soon .

Kind Regards,

August 19th, 2015 07:00

It does work!

In fact I just noticed that I already had the Windows 8.1 driver, as there is no Win 10 driver for the Broadcom fngerprint reader that's in the Precision M6800. So I only uninstalled DDP/ST, that's all.

And it works perfectly fine with Windows Hello !

1 Message

September 16th, 2015 03:00

hello

I found a great solution for windows 10 users.

windows 10 has a built in finger print reader software. we don't need digital persona anymore.

first step is to install the validity sensor driver for windows 10 then follow the instructions from here : http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/using-windows-hello-and-fingerprint-log-windows-10

October 27th, 2015 08:00

Hi there, where does one get the driver? I have no problems using Hello, which will record a fingerprint for me, but I cannot use it for login, I get a prompt at the login screen for Windows 10 to enter a password and it says something along the lines of Fingerprint Initialization Failed.

Thanks,

Matt

1 Message

January 21st, 2016 06:00

good day. i have tried to make use of my finger print. but is not working. i need your assistance

Charles

<ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

No Events found!