This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 12th, 2017 07:00

Dell Latitude E5450 shutting down after Window 10 is loaded

Hi

I bought this laptop second hand few months ago but I never had a slightests problem with it. Its a custom i7 5600i , 12 RAM, 128 SSD, Windows 10 Pro laptop. The problem started yesterday whenever I try to switch on the computer everything os fon with loading Windows but as soon as Im loging in to operating system its switch off imediately after 10 seconds of me seeing the desktop. ocassionally Im seeing the troubleshot screen after several reboots but any diagnostics could not identify the problem. The laptop inside os relatively clean and the thernal logs does not show any abnormality n the temperature. I have to add that all my drivers are up to date ( im using driver booster) and all the system and hardware is optimised. Yet I cannot log to Windows cause  something causing imediate shutdown. Any ideas ?

• 

16.7K Posts

October 12th, 2017 09:00

proxymc,

Do you recall any Windows 10 updates recently prior to this issue?  Start the computer and begin tapping the F8 key. Choose safe mode. Go into the updates section and roll back any updates that may be installed recently. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 13th, 2017 01:00

This could be more serious than I thought. In safe mode seems everything alright yet whenever I was trying to put a commend in a start window the wondows got stuck. Then It startet switching off even on bios mode. Moreover I decided to to do a recovery from last few months and it did not helped. Further i decided to clean the whole disc and install windows. The cleaning went smooth but it switxhed off during reinstalling windows and now i cannont even pass the error commend ( its switching off anyway at some point). I left a hard drive with my my friend to do a hard format disc. Is it possible that the disc is faulty ?

• 

16.7K Posts

October 13th, 2017 07:00

proxymc,

Contact Dell pro support for possible part replacements for your system.  The number to call is 1-800624-9897.  Possibly a bad motherboard. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 15th, 2017 04:00

Hi I am based in UK. can you possibly send my a contact to the European service or parts department ?

• 

16.7K Posts

October 16th, 2017 05:00

proxymc,

You can click the link below for the Dell UK site,

Dell UK

No Events found!