Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 16th, 2017 11:00

Dell Latitude E5570 Turning Off

I have the Dell Latitude E5570 with the Radeon R7 M370 GPU. The issue I have been having is that if I put the power profile to High Performance or to Dell modified to focus on performance and AC charging the laptop turns off when getting into any game. When it turns off it is quite abrupt and the power cable light goes off, I need to then reconnect the power cable.

What I feel might be happening is that the moment it switches to using the R7 GPU it switches off. Sometimes with the Dell profile selected it just stops charging.

The laptop works pretty alright for day to day work usage. I initially had this problem with it but I thought it might have been my wall plug socket that was the issue. Sadly it looks like the issue is popping up again.

Another issue that happens is when I restart it through Windows the laptop's screen just goes black while staying on. I then need to hard power down to get it back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Intern

• 

1.2K Posts

May 17th, 2017 02:00

Hi omegadash,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

No Events found!