Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 17th, 2017 16:00

Dell Latitude E6320 - clean install problems

I installed a fresh copy of Win7 a few days ago. The WiFi card packed up and the Touchpad does not work. I have tried all I know to get them going but out of my depth now. I have tried new drivers but did not install new chipset drivers. I am sorry to ask what may appear to be stupid questions but I need some help getting the thing going again.

Could some kind person please tell me what to do after installing Win7, start from scratch please!

I am very OCD and find there is too much information to digest, this is my problem so need a simple, clear procedure please.

Thank you

April 18th, 2017 14:00

All sorted!!!

For some reason the entire Intel stuff was missing but the WiFi worked as soon as I installed it.

Thanks guys

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 18th, 2017 10:00

:emotion-2:

If you are getting a internet connection, I'd suggest installing Chipset, Touchpad, Video and some of the other drivers in correct (Installation) order. Please click on link below:

How to reinstall drivers in the correct order | Dell US

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 18th, 2017 10:00

Or....

Run the 'Guide Me' option in your Dell Product Support page. It will automatically detect driver updates for the system. Please follow the steps to run Guide Me option in link below:

How to Find Drivers and Update Them (Official Dell Tech ...

April 18th, 2017 13:00

Thanks guys, the 'Guide me' will not run for some reason. Yes I have web acecss and oing through the drivers etc but I did that a few days ago. Any other ideas please?

Thanks

April 18th, 2017 14:00

Ok, I got the Touchpad working fine but still no WiFi, any ideas?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 18th, 2017 17:00

Thanks for the update....:emotion-2:

No Events found!