Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 27th, 2016 11:00

Dell Latitude E6330 BIOS PW

Hello!

I'm Mihai from Romania!

I have a big problem with my laptop. After I've got CPU error (hdd led blink) i decided to buy a motherboard from ebay. The seller did not specify the status of motherboard, that she has bios password.

I try contacted dell trough chat service but they are unable to understand that, I buoyed from ebay, and i can not guarantee the origin of my board.

Here is the ebay link and i can certify the trasaction from paypal or ebay... Is a reseller of computer parts

Is there any hope to get master BIOS pasword in this case?

Thank you in advance!

www.ebay.com/.../191881228114

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 27th, 2016 18:00

This is a tough one, That can be a problem with buying from Ebay is that if you don't have information of the original purchaser then any existing warranty may not transfer to you,  and tech support will not be able to offer any services, or even help with a BIOS password.  If you haven't already i suggest contacting tech support again and showing all the documents that you have to verify ownership. 

This document goes over more on recovering hardware passwords. 

TB

5 Posts

June 27th, 2016 22:00

Please, belive me! I contacted Dell trough chat service 2 times...with no results... I sended the link to the item from ebay..but they are unable to understand. I'm a student, don't have money to buy a new laptop...I'm a big fan of dell and a bigger fan of latitude series... but now, i'm very disapointed...

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 28th, 2016 16:00

I understand, are you able to return the system board for a refund, if possible that would be my suggestion.

TB

5 Posts

July 29th, 2016 00:00

I asked for an refund but the shipping money no one wants to pay me back..The request i made on Dell for ownership has no answer since months...

I look over to remplace chips but the bios password is stored in an qfn chip...can note manage with that device,,,

Once again i ask Dell service to help me...

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 29th, 2016 05:00

Unfortunately, all you can do is get a refund and return the board -- then purchase one from a seller that will guarantee there is no password on the system.

No Events found!