Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 13th, 2014 15:00

Dell Latitude E6410 - Recovery Options come up when Wireless switch is turned on

I have a peculiar issue happening with my Latitude E6410.  It currently has 4GB of memory and is running Windows 7 Pro OS.  When I power on the laptop with the Wireless switch turned on.  The one on the right hand side of the laptop, half way back.  The laptop will begin to boot up, it gives me the Dell splash screen and then it comes up with the recovery options, like it can't find the OS.  When I power the wireless switch off the laptop boots up completely without any errors, issues or problems.  As soon as I turn the switch back on once it is booted to the desktop, the screen locks and then starts to reboot and asks for the recovery options again.  I have had the laptop reimaged multiple times.  I replaced the wireless card two times.  I replaced the motherboard as well and the problem persists.  I went as far as removing the drivers and reinstalling them with the same outcome and function.  I am not sure what else to try.  The laptop is coming up to be out of warranty and would like to get it resolved before that happens.  Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

No Responses!
No Events found!