Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 9th, 2012 00:00

Dell Latitude E6500

Hi to all

I have to change my hard disk drive with one bigger (Seagate ST9500420ASG) and I need to reinstall all operating system.

I updated the Bios (to A27 release).

I need to change previous o.s. (from Vista to Win7 64bit).

Looking for driver & tools on online support Dell I found many possibile download but

- some one is corrupted

- some one is not clear the dependencies between drivers and tools

- for some one the help desk suggest me to avoid the installation.

I'm very very confused and I would like which is the exact configuration of :

- Bios setting (in particular for SATA)

- Driver during installation of Win7 64bit

- Driver after installation of Win7 64bit

- Dell Tools, Package, Application, ecc ecc after installation.

Thank you in advance for all answer!

Bye bye

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 31st, 2012 18:00

You didn't say what os is on there now.

Bios updates should be done with the OS that came with the system.

Latitude E6500

November 2nd, 2012 01:00

Hi

the OS that came with the system was Windows Vista. I try to call it "OS"... but I think you condivide with me that it did not a (real and efficent) OS...

I upgrade it - after some months - Windows 7...

I found interesting your suggestion about upgrade firmware and OS... but I found the upgrade to A27 bios into Dell support portal and the release note tell:

"Systems:      Dell Latitude E6500 Series  Version:      A27 Build Date:   12/07/2011  Intel GM45 Graphics Video BIOS version 2107v23 NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M Video BIOS version 62.98.73.00.04  Fixes/Enhancements ------------------ 1. Update Peryn CPU Micro code. 2. Update IntelR TXT BIOS AC Module  3. Added support for Signed Firmware Updates.  The BIOS release has been validated on the following operating systems: 1.  Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 2 2.  Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 3.  Microsoft Windows 7"

No Events found!