Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

O

July 15th, 2015 08:00

Dell Latitude E7450 - graphics driver stopped working and has recovered

Hi,

I have problem with this: graphics driver stopped working and has recovered.
It can happen few time a days and it is annoying.

I have Intel integrated GPU - 5 generation (core i7). I tried latest dell driver also latest intel drivers but still the same. Also I have latest BIOS.

I am using Windows 8.1 PRO. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thx

1.2K Posts

July 23rd, 2015 11:00

Hi ,

Thank for the reply but  ,now that a tech is visiting the site kindly test  the system after he has replaced the part while he is onsite itself. Then if there are any issues he can advise the solution since he is onsite or you can write to us also  .

I hope this helps .

Regards,

1.2K Posts

July 29th, 2015 01:00

Hi ,

Just wanted to check the status of the system after the technician's visit  .Awaiting your response .

Kindest Regards ,

69 Posts

July 29th, 2015 01:00

Hi,

after technician's visit  is the same. (He woas here yesterday) He was able only to change motherboard. After that I have same problem with fingerprint drivers (EN: Device Control Vault w / Fingerprint Swipe Sensor (WBF location Function) is offline due to an error in the user mode driver. Number of further attempts to restart the Windows device: 5. For more information about this issue, please contact the manufacturer.
Error ID 10111.). Also I had a problem with 4G LTE modem and GRAPHIC driver..

So I decided to downgrade to W7 (I had original copy from my backup - bit copy) and also I have OLD drivers and now it is working. But it is sad.... expansive machine is not able to work with new drivers and new systems..... 

Now I am not sure about licence. I have activvated W7, technical guy leave me here some paper with W8 PRO licence, when I wanted to put it to my W7 it does not work - bad licence. 
I just want to reserve my W10 licence form my laptot with new licence what i have prom tehnical guy... and also I am not see that icon for W10 reservation....

69 Posts

July 29th, 2015 14:00

I have bad news. After some time it hapend AGAIN !!!!!!! 
I have Windows 7 SP1 - original from my backup (system without any modification directly from factory - on original SSD drive)

I made some pictures. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM !!!!!! I have new MB from DELL.... so it is not HW problem. I cannot belive that DELL can sell this laptop with problems.... 

69 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 12:00

So:

- W7 PRO original.... I have this problem but not so ofen.

- W8.1 PRO after sleeping mode, chrome, IE a lot of youtube videos and drivers is down,

- W10 PRO same problem (With new drivers from dell for W10)

Also I have new motherboard.... 

Another problem is with fingerprint (stoped working after sleepeng mode - but not everytime, and also I have some mesages (in event log) from WWAN card (LTE) (This is only in W8.1 and W10).

What can I do? I just want working laptop ....

1.2K Posts

August 3rd, 2015 12:00

Hi ,

I would once again request you to send a picture of the distorted screen .Take a picture via phone or take a screen shot via system .With the help of this we can get more clarity on this issue .

Kindest Regards ,

69 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 12:00

I dont have distorted screen like I said you last time ! 

I have problem with DRIVER. If you driver stoped working  you can briefly see a black screen and then back to normal. Without any distorbing. It is normal to see black screen for a second if you driver stoped working. I dont have any artefact or something like that on it. And it is not possible to take a picture of black sreen..... I can send you black color and that is it.... I dont thing that will help you...

69 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 13:00

Look here, this is exactly my problem:

YOUTUBE

1.2K Posts

August 4th, 2015 11:00

Hi ,

Request you to confirm if you have tried this step and advise the result .

Awaiting your response .

Kind Regards ,

69 Posts

August 19th, 2015 09:00

I tried to repair it with that registry update metod but I have still this problem so this is not solution. 

Now I have a bigger gab between recovering driver and laptop is totaly freeze during it... 

69 Posts

August 22nd, 2015 05:00

I just tried new BIOS and driver from dell web site....

I have that problem now more offen.... it is worse !! 

69 Posts

August 25th, 2015 05:00

Any help?

69 Posts

August 25th, 2015 09:00

I think that I am not alone with my issue, look at this video at 9.35s

69 Posts

September 5th, 2015 16:00

with new BIOS same problém !!!

3 Posts

January 6th, 2016 13:00

You are not alone with this, *** right. I own a Latitude E7450 and this happen to me frequently as well.

I must say that the support persons here show extremely low ability to even understand the problem (not to mention solving it).

I would have expected it to be an Intel HD graphics 5500 driver issue, however googling it and "crash" yields very small unrelated number of results. Searching for "Dell E7450 display driver crash" gets significant number of results, but not a single solution.

I just tried to update my display driver (again, I'm doing it from time to time) and now I'm on version 20.19.15.4312 from 28/10/2015. Hope for good, as this driver was not found in Intel website (updated automatically through the 'device manager'), therefore no changelog can be found.

It's a shame - I love this notebook for all the other things, but hate it for this bug.

Cheers!

No Events found!