Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 1st, 2013 01:00

Dell Latitude XT3 stuck on start screen

I've had the laptop for 5 or so months and all of sudden when i turned it on it got stuck on the screen that has the windows logo and says 'starting windows'. I turned the laptop off by holding the start button and then started it again. This time it went to a Windows Error Recovery screen. I launched the startup repair and after a while it said that 'startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically'. I restarted the laptop and it was once again stuck on the starting windows screen. I tried removing the battery and starting the laptop using only the power cord source and the same thing happened. 

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

July 2nd, 2013 08:00

Hi student12345,

Thank you for your reply and for providing an update on the status. I suggest you to reseat the hard drive and run the hardware diagnostics again. You will need to download the Owner's Manual from the following link for the steps to reseat the hard drive:
http://dell.to/1aypwmK

Please send me the system Service Tag (including the name on the account and contact details) via Private Message if you receive the same message again, so that I can check the warranty details and let you know the options available.

To send a Private Message, click on my name in Blue and then on "Start Conversation".

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

July 1st, 2013 01:00

Hi student12345,

I appreciate your efforts to fix the issue and suggest you to release static change from the laptop by following the steps provided below:

1. Remove the battery and AC Adapter.
2. Press and hold the Power button for 20 seconds and release it.
3. Reseat the battery and AC adapter.
4. Press the power button and check if the computer boots properly.

You will need to run the hardware diagnostics to check if all the hardware components are working properly by following the steps provided in the link below:
http://dell.to/11IdRhi

Please let me know about your findings.

July 1st, 2013 02:00

Thanks for the quick reply DELL-Rajath N. I tried those steps but the same Windows Error Recovery screen came up. I chose to start windows normally and it's once again stuck on the starting windows screen. I turned it off by holding the power button..

July 1st, 2013 02:00

Thanks for the quick reply DELL-Rajath N. I tried those steps but the same Windows Error Recovery screen came up. I chose to start windows normally and it's once again stuck on the starting windows screen. I turned it off by holding the power button..

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

July 1st, 2013 06:00

Hi student12345,

Thank you for your reply and for providing an update on the status. I suggest you to run the hardware diagnostics by following the steps provided on the web page by clicking the web link in my previous post and let me know the test results.

July 1st, 2013 18:00

Hi DELL-Rajath N,

I ran the hardware diagnostics, error code 2000-0142 came up. It said validation 56656. The message said 'hard rive 0 - S/N W0Q6WNNR, self test unsuccessful. status = 79.

i appreciate the help, thankyou!

No Events found!