Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

March 29th, 2010 18:00

Dell Latitude e4300 and HyperX Memory

Hello everyone,

I have recently purchased the e4300 and was looking at the different memory modules available at the DDR3/PC8500 level.  I ran across the HyperX line and was intrigued.  I was curious if the lower clock rates would allow for a better overall performance. 

I began my search on Google for others running this line of memory in any newer similar platform.  No luck.  The only post I could find was on this site, referencing a Vosto laptop.  The context of the posting was not what i was looking for.

In case anyone is thinking it, I have no intent on overclocking my FSB.  I know this is not a gaming/video rig.  Bottom line is I am looking that little extra to compliment the other strengths of this laptop.  My thought was that with the standard 4Gig modules having a CAS of 7, and the HyperX having a CAS of 5, I would have a slightly faster machine.  Any video load put on the laptop would also be complimented by the faster memory as it has a shared video memory.

Has anyone tested this memory in the newer latitude lines? (e6x00; e5x00; e4x00)

Please let me know if my thoughts are not correct.

Thanks!

No Responses!
No Events found!