Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 25th, 2014 13:00

Dell Latitude e7240 (Windows 7, Intel i7-4600U, 8GB) randomly freezes for almost 30 seconds

Hi, has anybody experienced random freezes, where the screen, keyboard and mouse stop functioning for almost 30 seconds?

I've recently purchased a Latitude e7240, and even after upgrading to the latest drivers and the A07 BIOS, I still see random freezes for 30 seconds.  All the diagnostics test seem to pass, and Support are blaming it on windows updates, which I've uninstalled. 

The freezes seem to happen when I'm doing tasks from word processing to web browsing....  I like the laptop on paper, but in practice, it has been a nightmare!

2 Posts

February 26th, 2014 10:00

Sry, I see your on 7,

Like I said 7 runs great on all of the ones we have deployed so far, I think a replacement is in order.

2 Posts

February 26th, 2014 10:00

Are you running 7 or 8 or 8.1?

In our It department we have imaged and deployed several of these with Win 7 64 bit and have had only one issue when using a projector, which we resolved by updating the bios to the A07.

I would suggest that you insist on a replacement and see if the new one does the same thing.

February 26th, 2014 11:00

Our users have been reporting all sorts of issues from freezing to BSOD's on these models. Some of the freezing we experienced was due to the Wi-Fi driver. We also had Microsoft diagnose a BSOD dump and they replied back with: "this BSOD caused by the Intel Wireless NIC driver, it caused a timeout IRP"

We have been using http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect to detect and install newer driver available for these models since Dell has not published them yet.

No Events found!