Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

June 23rd, 2009 15:00

Dell Mini 9 Stops Charging once ites reached 100 ( A05 )

My Dell Mini 9 is having some major charging problems, and after some research I've narrowed it down to BIOS A05. Allow me to explain what happens:

My Mini 9 will charge fine until it reaches 100%, then (with the ac still plugged in) it starts to drain from the battery and wont charge again until the unit is restarted. When plugging the power cord back in, the screen brightens up again (as it should) yet still refuses to charge as it thinks the ac isnt plugged in.

I've experimented with different chargers and batteries and the results are the same.

Someone else has reported the same problem in this thread: 

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell-mini-9-discussion/8520-mini-9-wont-charge-unless-its-turned.html

Except for the other guy is using OSX with A05, so it has to be the BIOS

1.1K Posts

June 23rd, 2009 16:00

Try opening the battery meter (FN + 3) and then under the battery meter go to battery life and  make sure that the disable battery charge is unchecked.  If this is checked it will prevent the battery from chargning until you reboot.  Maybe the bios update enabled this option for some reason.

6 Posts

June 24th, 2009 04:00

I've just reinstalled it and it says that the diable battery option was unchecked...

July 1st, 2009 16:00

I too have this issue. Battery charges OK to 100% then starts to discharge even though the AC adaptor is still plugged in. Only way I can get the battery to stat charging again is to start the machine without the battery inserted and the insert the battery.

My bios is A04. I am not game to try a bios update in case I brick it. I beleive that other uses are experiencing this issue with A05 as well.

Is there a fix for this widely known problem?

1 Message

October 5th, 2009 19:00

I'm now having this exact problem. There don't seem to be any good answers on the mydellmini forum, people are having to send them in and then getting them back with the problem still occurring.  Anyone know how to fix this?

mini9, XP, Bios A05

6 Posts

October 6th, 2009 02:00

You didnt find any answers as there is no fix! The best thing you can do about it is to get the ball rolling with Dell Technical Support.

No Events found!