Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 18th, 2014 00:00

Dell N5110 Battery is not charging...showing 0% available (plugged in, charging) but not charging at all

Hi Team

my Dell N5110 Battery is not charging...showing 0% available (plugged in, charging) but not charging at all

please help me with the issue and solution

7 Posts

May 18th, 2014 04:00

I'm having the same problem with my Inspiron 14. Showing charging but not charging at all. The battery is idle.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 18th, 2014 04:00

In both cases, enter BIOS setup (F2 at powerup) and verify that the AC adapter is recognized.  If the adapter shows as "unknown", the battery will not charge - in which case, there's a problem with the adapter, DC jack or mainboard.  If the adapter IS recognized, and the battery won't charge, the battery is the faulty part.

7 Posts

May 18th, 2014 06:00

I have verified the AC adapter, it shows AC Adapter = 65W, Battery Health: Unknown. 

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 18th, 2014 07:00

Clean the battery contacts and those on the mainboard (unplug the system before you do).  If that doesn't get the battery recognized, it's time for a new one.

5.2K Posts

May 18th, 2014 14:00

If the battery is run down to a totally uncharged condition, you can have a polarity reversal in the battery. At this point, the battery is not safe to recharge, as it can overheat and/or explode. The battery charging circuitry protects against this by not allowing it to recharge. This usually happens when the battery is totally discharged and then allowed to remain uncharged for some period of time.
No Events found!