Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

April 22nd, 2012 23:00

Dell N5110 Touch pad not working

I have a Dell n5110 and the touchpad stopped working, and i already try reinstalling teh driver from dell's page, and nothing happened.

i don't know what to do, and I also entered the mouse setting and there's no touchoad settings section, it's like the latop never had it, so, i'm kind of desperate right now beacause of all of my attempts to try to fix this, so, what can I do ?

5.2K Posts

April 23rd, 2012 10:00

Go to the Device Manager and see if the touchpad section shows a driver is installed. Make sure you downloaded the correct driver. If there is one there, delete it and then reboot. Windows shpuld install a generic driver. You could then try to update with the Dell driver. If there is no entry in Device Manager for a touchpad under under Mice and other Pointing Devices, the touchpad may be defective, contact Dell using the Dell Chat, not by phone.

2 Posts

April 23rd, 2012 12:00

I tried, but there is no touchpad section, it's like it never existed, but it worked when I bought the laptop, and it stopped working, I reinstalled the driver, the correct driver and nothing happened, then I tried installing the synaptics software, and it didn't work either

5.2K Posts

April 23rd, 2012 17:00

If the Mouse section of Device Manager does not show a touchpad selection, then either the pad is defective of the plug inside is loose. If under warranty, call Dell.

No Events found!