Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 7th, 2011 17:00

Dell N5110 has a light just above the Touchpad.

I don't remember ever seeing it before, What does it mean ?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 7th, 2011 18:00

Inspiron 15R  (N5110) 

Manuals

Dell™ Inspiron™ N5110

PDF HTML
Service Manual     View Download
Setup Guide View

Download

Regulatory Information

Regulatory Compliance

Regulatory Model: P17F
Regulatory Type: P17F001

The Light indicates that the Touch pad is enabled or disabled. — Provides the functionality of a mouse to move the cursor, drag or move selected items, and left-click by tapping the surface.

The touch pad supports the Scroll, Flick, and Zoom features. To change the touch pad settings, double-click the Dell Touch pad icon in the notification area of your desktop. For more information, see “Touch Pad Gestures” on page 36.

NOTE: To enable or disable the touch pad, press along with the < > key on the function key row on the keyboard.

5 Posts

April 26th, 2012 11:00

It means that the touchpad is disabled

June 21st, 2012 07:00

I still don't figure out.....I have Dell core i3 inspiron n5110 It has a light on touchpad but it does not get ON Either Touchpad is enabled or disabled......I want it to be On Pls help me out....

5 Posts

June 21st, 2012 12:00

On the keyboard on your laptop, there are three buttons on the upper right--outside of the keyboard itself. Press the button that has two gears on it. That will bring up a menu with various settings on your computer. There is an area that says "touchpad". You may click ON or OFF as you wish, and then close the box. If the touchpad is working, there will be no light above it, and you can use either the touchpad and its buttons or a wireless mouse. If the touchpad is disabled, there will be a light above it, and you must use a mouse. I disabled my touchpad because it was so sensitive that my cursor kept jumping to a different line as I typed. Hope that helps.

January 29th, 2013 12:00

my touchpad is working properly but guestures r not working i tried mobility center option but its showin dat touchpad is off i clicked many times to turn on its not changing at all and i pressed f3 holding Fn key its no use for o'l mouse other functions working correctlyso pls help me to get dat guesture option back

1 Message

November 30th, 2015 01:00

Thanks!  That outside button did the trick.  I have had this laptop for 5 years and never noticed those buttons!  

No Events found!