Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

May 23rd, 2011 14:00

Dell Studio 1537 - Correct AC Adapter & Battery Issue

I'm currently working on a Dell Studio 1537 laptop for a friend. She bought it in 2009 and the motherboard had to be replaced January of 2010. Dell sent a tech to do this at her house. Since that was done, she's had various issues with the system not charging, errors saying that her power supply is less than the recommended 90w, communication with the battery is not working, etc...

As of right now, she has the original Dell PA-2E power adapter which is 65w. Why would the system give her a warning about her power adapter being less than the recommended 90w?

When the power cord is plugged in, the white light right above the AC Jack turns white, and then goes to a quick amber flashing light.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

May 24th, 2011 14:00

Rokkaholik

If possible I suggest testing the AC adapter on another simular system and see if you get the same results.  If possible try another AC adapter on this notebook.  Find out if the problem follows the AC adapter or the notebook.

TB

1 Message

January 2nd, 2012 17:00

hey terry, have similiar issue with my studio 1537.2008. However did buy new battery and system warned at startup that battery could not be recognized. Also that the ac adapter could not be recognized. Since then i have played around in the device mgr. and tried to update the batt. and ac adapter. best match already

installed and no update took place for the drivers. Went to the dell site to perform a batt. test and failed three sections. came up with error code WB02-LLB

Tried to flash the bios with an update and it couldnt continue because the batt. was too low. I have put original batt. and ac adapter back on the system

and still no luck chargeing batt. tested the ac adapter and it specked out correctly with the lable@ 19.5 output. no lights on battery are on and depressing

the indicator too get them too show produced nothing. Frankly im out of ideas. Have any? thanks for your time

No Events found!