Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 6th, 2011 07:00

Dell Studio 1555 - Integrated Webcam - Dell Webcam Central - Blank White screen

Hi,

I am using Dell Studio 1555 laptop with Windows 7 OS. My Dell Webcam Central was working fine until Jan 2011.  But now, when I open my Dell Webcam Central, I am getting a blank white screen. I don't even see icons for minimize-maximize/restore/close. But my webcam is working fine. I am able to view the images in Dell Video Chat.

I tried uninstalling the Dell Webcam Central application from Control Panel. When I click uninstall, nothing is happening. I uninstalled the drivers from Device Manager and tried to install from Dell installation CD.Its installing Live Cam Avatar software (which I don't want!!). Still getting blank screen!!!

To add to my frustration, whenever I start my laptop, Windows is asking my permission to run DellWebCam2.exe. Even when I accept that, I am getting the same blank screen.

I surfed the net, browsed the forums, I am not able to find a closest match to my problem. Please help me in resolving this.

Thanks,

ramins143

3 Posts

December 18th, 2011 17:00

Downloaded a new version of Dell Webcam manager.  I had an older version which is now unsupported.

The new version can be found here.

Hope this helps.

3 Posts

February 9th, 2011 20:00

I was having alot of the same issues.. Can you see the help at the top right side? If you can I went to there and opened up the check for updates and there were two critical updates that I needed to install. It said without these updates my webcam central would not work correctly. I installed these updates and they installed right over the original files without the need to remove anything. Then I shut down my computer and rebooted and everything was fixed.. I was not getting the updates because my pop up blocker was stopping them so I had to allow permission for Creative Labs. Hope this helps..

3 Posts

February 10th, 2011 18:00

Thanks for your suggestion.

Whenever I click Help, my Webcam application stops working. So I tried "Check for updates" below Help, ran through the steps, and finally got this message:

Status: No updates are necessary for your Creative product.
Your system already has the latest versions installed.

Still its not working!!!

1 Message

December 15th, 2011 19:00

Mine is doing the exact same thing with the same blank screen that you pasted above. I installed the two critical updates as well and restarted my laptop and still nothing. This is so frustrating!!! Any new help on the issue?

No Events found!