Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 5th, 2013 02:00

Dell Studio 1555- Motherboard & Graphic Card Problem

Hi,

My Dell Studio 1555, stopped working 3 weeks back, there was no display and some noise use to come. Since the laptop is not under warranty I gave to the service center who handles Dell Laptops without warranty. They told me that the Graphic Card was not working, but after replacing the graphic card, they said the motherboard is not working.

Can you please suggest where will I get Dell Studio 1555 motherboard. My Dell Studio 1555 is 4 n half yrs old. I need help please suggest a way out. Would really like to expect a prompt reply.

Thanks,

Khyati Sanghvi

September 5th, 2013 04:00

Hi Khyati,

Dell Studio 1555 have graphics card integrated on the motherboard. So, if the problem is related to video card, motherboard replacement would be required. Please share if you have performed any troubleshooting steps and identified the issue to be with video card.

If you have not performed any troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to perform the following steps and share the findings :

• Try connecting the system with an external monitor using the HDMI or VGA connector and see if the system is able to display on it.
  • You may try pressing Fn+F1 button on keyboard to switch the display on external screen.
  • Check if you are able to hear any windows jingle sounds when you power on the system.
  • Also, check if you hear any beep codes when you power on the system.

I would also suggest you to drain out the residual power from the system by following steps below and see if it helps :

• Power Off the system.
  • Disconnect all the cables and peripheral devices (printer,flash drives etc) from the computer
  • Disconnect the battery and AC adapter from the laptop
  • Press and hold the power button for 4-5 seconds so as to drain the residual power from the computer.

After performing above steps, try to power on the system and see if the issue persists. 

You may also try running LCD BIST on system and see if it helps. You may refer to article Here.

If the issue persists, you may try reseating the LCD cable (if comfortable) and see if it helps. You may refer to Service Manual from Here for instructions on reseating LCD Display.

If none of the above options are working, the issue might be related to hardware and motherboard replacement might be required. You may contact the Out of Warranty Repairs in your region to check the motherboard availability. You may also share the Service Tag of your system and name as it appear in the records via Private Message (Click on my name and click Send a Private Message). I will look into the details and inform you about further course of action.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 5th, 2013 03:00

There is no graphic card in the system - it's part of the mainboard.  Fina a competent shop that can replace the board -- the one you used is not reputable if they told you they changed the card (which doesn't exist).

4 Posts

May 23rd, 2014 03:00

Hi Sundeep,

I think I have the same problem of graphics/motherboard. The windows doesn't boot and only black screen appears with beeps. The beep pattern at power on is as follows: one long beep then 2 quick beeps followed by 6 beeps at regular interval of time.

I have tried draining out residual power, let the sytem cool off and then booting up but no luck. Can you please guide me if further troubleshooting requires or replacement is required?

Thanks,

Pritam Deo

August 28th, 2014 13:00

Dear Sir,

I have same problem from today.

Please guide me if you got a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Rahul: <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 28th, 2014 16:00

In both cases, the solution is the same - the mainboard needs to be replaced.

1 Message

April 15th, 2015 06:00

Hi Sandeep

I am using Dell Studio 1558 since 2010, now i enable to switch on , when i showed to local laptop repair center, they said- Graphic card problem(motherboard) and they are asking 4500 for replacement and 2500 for repair. 

Please suggest what i need to do, is worth of buying new motherboad? 

No Events found!