Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 20th, 2014 05:00

Dell Studio 1555 does not start

My Dell Studio 1555 suddenly does not start. When I press the power button, the backlit keyboard turns ON and I can hear the fan turning too, but nothing comes up on the screen. Had a similar issue a few months back, and the technician replaced the screen telling that it was a problem with the screen. 

I tried connecting to an external monitor but nothing comes up there too. The issue a few months also showed same signs but the display turned on when connected to the technician's external monitor, but not mine.

The laptop does give any beeps. It just starts and remains like that. I removed the RAM and tried to start but it still does not give any beeps. Even tried solutions on the internet to press the power button for ~30secs and trying again but no use.

Someone please help. My project data is on the laptop and hasn't been properly backed-up. Looking forward to help from the community.

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

October 20th, 2014 07:00

First thing to do is make a full backup - remove the hard drive, mount it it in an external case and attach to a working system by USB.  Copy your data to the working system.

You can do some basic troubleshooting (remove the battery, unplug, hold the power button for 30 sec, remove and reinstall both memory modules).  If you get nothing there, it's likely a mainboard that needs to be replaced.

October 21st, 2014 09:00

The basic troubleshooting did not work. I removed the RAM and tried switching ON. It did not give any beeps. What next then? What do you suggest?

My data is still lying in the HDD though. :(

No Events found!