Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 25th, 2010 20:00

Dell Studio 1555 wont boot freezes at dell screen and blue progress bar does not complete

Freezes at start up "DELL" screen F2 or F12 will highlight when pressed but wont access bios or boot options screen. Will not boot to recovery CD disc & will not respond to F9 recovery option. Also will not boot into safe mode. Seems like hardware failure. This happened after a reboot following some IE explorer error messages. Anyone have any ideas?

June 27th, 2010 07:00

Dell tech support determined it was due to a faulty mother board. Anybody else having similar issues?

July 1st, 2010 11:00

Tech replaced motherboard onsite (an extra $40.00 if you are still within the warranty period) and all seems well so far.

1 Message

July 7th, 2010 17:00

The problem you describe is the exact, to the letter, problem I experienced with my Dell last night. I am still under warrenty and I will go to them with the idea that it might be the motherboard. Thank you for posting this. I'm now hopeful that it isn't my HD.

6 Posts

October 16th, 2010 05:00

Hi

I have been facing the same problem, for the last 6 hours. My laptop doesnt come up. The power light comes up, but nothing happens after that.

Not the bios, not the dell logo comes up.

I tried with the Adapter, battery and CMOS battery with no luck.

I'm just wondering how you got your problem fixed. And my laptop is out of warranty. wondering what this might gonna cost me now !!

Thanks,

Venkat.

2 Posts

December 31st, 2012 20:00

Folks,

I am having the same exact problem.

Anyone care to share the root cause and solution?

Cheers,

Jang

No Events found!