Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 7th, 2012 21:00

Dell Studio 1737 Audio Doesn't Work

Forum,
  Okay, so I cannot get any form of sound to come from my laptop what so ever. I have updated all drivers, all drivers are "working properly" and there is no sound from speakers nor my 3.5mm jacks. I've disabled and enabled my audio devices MULTIPLE times, and uninstalled them and reinstalled them MULTIPLE times. I'm very VERY frustrated at this point. Could it possibly be that the speakers themselves can be shot, or a simple re inst. of OS?

I am running win 7 Ultimate x64.                PLEASE gimme the answer. I'm dying to know it.

Thanks, Carey. 

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

February 7th, 2012 23:00

Hi The Govunator,

Welcome to the Community.Have you tried doing System Restore?I suggest you try restoring your system to a date when the sound was working.

What is System Restore?

System Restore helps you restore your computer's system files to an earlier point in time. It's a way to undo system changes to your computer without affecting your personal files, such as e‑mail, documents, or photos.

From start menu in the search box type System Restore  and complete the restore process.

Hope this helps.

Thank You

Roshan.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 8th, 2012 05:00

The speakers could be shot but you would still have audio through the jacks. For tips on diagnosing the problem, see the "No Audio" FAQ.

en.community.dell.com/.../19772968.aspx

February 10th, 2012 18:00

Well, I was down for a few days with updating my keyboard from not backlit to backlit, and fixing my glitchy back-light problem. I found that I could not restore my laptop to a date in which I had audio. So after thinking for a bit, I realized. My laptop is a "Vista Recommended" laptop. So when I updated my drivers they updated to a Vista driver. I borrowed my moms driver disk (from her studio 15 pack) and restored my drivers. Worked perfectly.

Moral to this story, if going forward wont work. Try going backwards.

Thanks for your help guys, I really appreciate it!

Carey.

No Events found!