Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 15th, 2012 23:00

Dell Support Center Button not working

Hello all,

I have a dell inspiron n7110. a few days ago the button for the dell support center just stopped working. can anyone help me? all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your time

4.4K Posts

October 16th, 2012 00:00

Hi  jguth93,

Welcome to the Community,

If you haven't try uninstalling and reinstalling Dell QuickSet Utility:

Use this link to download and reinstall : www.dell.com/.../inspiron-17

If the issue persists,please confirm if the other two quick launch buttons are working.

Thank You

8 Posts

October 16th, 2012 22:00

Sorry for the delay. Yes, the other two buttons work just fine. It's only the dell support button that refuses to work

4.4K Posts

October 17th, 2012 04:00

Hi  jguth93,

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling Dell QuickSet Utility?

If that did not fix the issue,uninstall Dell Support Center and reinstall it from the link below :

www.dell.com/.../dsc_home

Can you also confirm if you observe any problem (mechanical) with the button?

Thank You

8 Posts

October 17th, 2012 10:00

I did uninstall and reinstall both quickset and the suppport center programs. there are no mechanical problems, but the problem is still persisting.

4.4K Posts

October 18th, 2012 00:00

Hi  jguth93,

Try to access Dell Support Center  from list of programs(Start menu,All Programs). If you're able to access it from there try performing a System Restore and restore system to a earlier time(when the quick launch button for Dell Support Center was working). This will help us find out if it stopped working due to some software/Windows update.

To perform System Restore(click on start menu,type System Restore in search box),follow the on screen instruction and select a restore point (date) when the quick launch button for Dell Support Center was working.

8 Posts

October 18th, 2012 12:00

i tried that, but to no avail! :(

4.4K Posts

October 19th, 2012 00:00

Hi  jguth93,

Try installing this QuickSet utility : pages.suddenlink.net/downloaddell/QuickSet11132.exe (copy  and paste this link in your browser to download).

Note:Before installing this version of QuickSet Utility,uninstall the previous version and reboot the system.

Let me know if this fixes the issue.

Thank You

3.8K Posts

May 30th, 2013 13:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.              

No Events found!