Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

July 5th, 2011 16:00

Dell Support Centre Error Message

Hello,

I have owned a Dell Inspiron M5030 for approximately one year now. Several months ago I started getting the error message 'Dell Data Safesearch has stopped working' when turning the unit on. I looked for solutions but found none and it did not seem to have any ill effects on the system. However, within the past week or so I have started getting the error message 'Dell Support Centre has stopped working, checking for a solution' which pops up every five minutes or so whenever I am doing anything, including simply being on the internet or using Windows Media Player.

I am unsure if this is a message that is cause for concern, but I would be grateful for any advice anyone has on the matter. I have checked the box has been ticked in the System Configuration setup menu, so any other advice swould be greatly appreciated.

looking forward to any responses as soon as possible,

Damien

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 5th, 2011 17:00

Damien,

For the Dell Support Center, Dell Support Center 2.0 is No Longer Supported

Try the instructions located at...

Uninstall Dell Support Center

Rick

July 24th, 2011 19:00

PudgyOne

Thanks very much for the info. I uninstalled it and followed those steps, but when I try and install Dell Support Center, it all works fine until the last second whan I get the error message:

Error getting cert filename (Property:CustomActionData) from MSI:

If I click OK, then it just says 'software not installed' and that seems to be it. I have tried 3 times now but this keeps happening. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Damien

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 24th, 2011 19:00

Damien,

Try Uninstall Dell Support Center

Restart your computer.

Make sure you have all the Windows updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications. Also Download Latest Java

After you restart, you can then install the Dell Support Center or just leave it off your computer. It's really not needed.

Rick

No Events found!