Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 15th, 2013 13:00

Dell System Detect Problem

On my Dell 1525, XPSP3, with a fresh install gives me error on startup - "dfsvc.exe error report", same when I attempt to initiate Dell System Detect,  same when I attempt to uninstall, and same when I attempt to click "support for support  5.3.1.5".   This blocks using the Dell PC Diagnostics website.  Can you tell me how to repair?

Thanks, aquaries

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 15th, 2013 14:00

Hello Aquaries, 

Uninstall and reinstall Dell System detect.

Uninstall:

• Click Start
  • Click Control Panel
  • Click Programs or Programs and Features
  • Right-click Dell System Detect
  • Click Uninstall
  • Follow the prompts to complete uninstallation.

Install: http://dell.to/13Xrog9

For more details, see Dell System Detect - FAQs

Let us know how it goes.

31 Posts

October 15th, 2013 22:00

Allan,

Right clicking the Dell System Detect generates the error message in programs, add/remove, and at the download button @ to/13Xrog. 

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 16th, 2013 18:00

Hello Aquaries, 

In order to assist you further, I would request you to attach the screen shot of the error message. 

Awaiting your response!

31 Posts

October 17th, 2013 14:00

Alan, I've been unable to resize a screenshot to under 64kb to fit into the upload program.  May I send directly - via email?

Thanks,

WM

31 Posts

October 18th, 2013 09:00

Alan - here's link to screenshot.

WM

10/18/13 11:00AM

https://app.box.com/s/jpx3fkp2tamm7t7pb3cp

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 18th, 2013 14:00

Hello Aquaries, 

I really appreciate your effort in uploading the screenshot. However, I am unable to view it. I would request you to take a Print Screen by pressing the PrtScn key and paste it on Microsoft Paints. Corp only the area of the error message and save the file as Jpeg image. In case the file/ image is still more than 64KB, you can re-size the image through MS Paints and upload the image on this thread. 

I would also request you to try uninstalling the Dell System Detect by Revo Uninstaller. Please let me know if that works. 

31 Posts

October 18th, 2013 18:00

Alan the Uninstaller ran on the Dell System Select,   however the error message is still generated upon startup and the program is still listed and generates this error mesage. .

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 23rd, 2013 08:00

Hello Aquaries, 

Apologies for the delay in response! Please try performing a Clean Boot and check how it goes. 

31 Posts

October 24th, 2013 09:00

Alan - thanks for hanging in, appreciate your efforts - The results of my effort today

1)  In safe mode the error msg does not appear upon startup.

2)  After a clean boot per kb 310353, the error msg appears.  Did not perform step 4 of kb 310353.

3)  In kb 316434, "to turn off a service" , Dell System Detect is not listed.  

4)  Upon return to normal, the error msg continues to appear at startup, when attempt to remove Dell System Detect program, and when I attempt to install Dell System Detect.  Note previously ran Revo Uninstall and it deleted some Dell System Detect files.

await further instructions - thanks

20 Posts

August 19th, 2014 13:00

I'm not receiving an error message.  Dell System Detect runs in the background all day long, day after day!!!

No Events found!