Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

August 11th, 2008 13:00

Dell TrueMobile 360 on Dell XPS M1330 Vista = a No-Go.

I am running Dell XPS M1330 Vista Ultimate with Dell TrueMobile 360 module. Everything the latest installed.  First of all I consider myself quite computer savvy and I could write a Wiki about my bluetooh issues.

Issues with Bluetooth on this machine:

1) Can't get running Headset with the Dell driver (which is by the way an old version of Widcomm (Broadcomm) driver software. Dell should update their website. The driver on Dell website is for Truemobile 355. That doesn't work perfect with 360 model, obviously, but it seems to recognize it at least. However, no chance to get the Truemobile working with Headset, like Plantronics, which is not Audio, but Headset. Widcomm doesn't support Headset even if used with another Bluetooth USB Dongle (like Billionton)

2) Toshiba Stack 6.x works just fine and happilly with Truemobile 360. Also support the USB bluetooth dongle Billionton. But it doesn't support headset. In my case at least. There was somebody who reported it works in Windows XP for him at least. For me, Toshiba Stack didn't work with any headset on this Dell XPS Vista laptop or the other Asus laptop I have with WinXP.

3) Partial success! But only partial. 2 steps forward and 1 step backwards: Bluesoleil. While it seems to work happily with any kind of headset and external peripherial, it doesn't support the Dell Truemobile 360. It doesn't recognize it at all and doesn't have any driver for it. I already requested Bluesoleil for assistance, so let's see what they com up with.

So, to sum up:

I am totally frustrated with Bluetooth. Even after so many years the manufacturers couldn't agree on standards to make things just work. Cell phone manufacturers seem to be ahead, but there are still issues.

I hope the next USB Wireless standard will be better and more reliable than BT.

So now, I am running both Bluesoleil for my headset with external Dongle and Toshiba Stack for internal Truemobile module. How pathetic! But the point is - I still can't make that call through Skype when on the road !(unless I plug in external USB dongle). 

Just search internet, you will see how many people have SAME issues and dell is totally ... not seeing it.

Here is one complain:

http://ask.metafilter.com/94135/Ultimate-Bluetooth-Frustration

Here is another bunch of guys complaining:

http://www.notebookforums.com/thread208845.html

DELL do you read this, or is this a blog for users who need to vent their frustrations?

Cheers.

- Polo -

Message Edited by polocanada2 on 08-11-2008 09:56 AM
Message Edited by polocanada2 on 08-11-2008 09:57 AM
No Responses!
No Events found!