Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 5th, 2013 00:00

Dell Ultrabook, electric shocks

Dear Sirs,

I purchased a Dell Ultrabook (system details attached) in the month of November 2012 with 3 years onsite warranty. I received the same in the first week of December 2012. However after using the laptop for a month, it started giving electric shocks all the over the laptop body when connected to the Charger. I have tried that at multiple locations and with multiple chargers. The problem remains same. I had reported the same to the technical support and they had arranged for a technician’s visit. The technician had replaced the motherboard and the panel below the keypad from the original magnetic body to a non magnetic one.  He even checked the earthing system at our office which was working fine. The technicians have visited 3 times in the month of February 2013 and have not been able to solve the problem. The technician has advised to the concerning officials at dell that the system needs replacement. I was then told by Dell that they will pick up the faulty system and give me a replacement system after a month’s time. I am unable to understand how they expect me to work without a laptop. Why do i have to keep suffering? Is this the way Dell deals with its customers? I am requesting Dell to bring the new system first and take away the old one as it is being with other parts of a faulty laptop. This will save me from inconvenience & shall not jeopardize my office work. As it is I have faced enough troubles with this system to the extent of being electrocuted & medically injured. I thus request you to kindly arrange for the replacement with a new ultrabook wherein the new system shall be given to me first and the old may be taken away in exchange hand to hand.

Looking forward to a fast & amicable solution.
Thanks & Regards,
 Aparna Jain
CEO

3 Apprentice

• 

185 Posts

March 5th, 2013 00:00

Good Morning

I have had a look at the logs, and see that the technician called you today in regards to an alternative resolve for this matter, is this correct?

Regards

Kevin

3 Apprentice

• 

185 Posts

March 5th, 2013 01:00

Good Morning

I have contacted the technician dealing with your case and advised him of your frustrations.

Unfortunately, these are the only options open to you, as all Dell systems are built from new, and this would be the case for your replacement system. This would be a 6-10 day turnaround for your replacement.

In the meantime, I would strongly advise against using the machine until it is picked up, due to the electric shock concern that you are reporting.

The agents will call you back to discuss your options further.

Regards

Kevin

3 Posts

March 5th, 2013 01:00

yes, dell person had called today morning.  he has given the following two alternatives -

1. they will have this system picked & deliver a "replacement system" (refurbished or new - still not made clear!!) thereafter - which is NOT ACCEPTABLE as i need a system to work on and cant afford to be without a laptop in office.

2. they will refund the money.  - NOT ACCEPTABLE as i have already gone through enough turmoil in this case. If the refund is the only solution then Dell will have to pay me the ultrabook price paid by me + interest + damages caused to my health due to the electrical shocks along with mental agony & loss of business.

I thus once again request you to kindly arrange for the replacement with a new ultrabook wherein the new system shall be given to me first and the old may be taken away in exchange hand to hand as being done for the faulty system parts.

3 Posts

March 5th, 2013 02:00

Dear Kevin H,

Thanks for your response, I agree that all Dell systems are built from new and this new system would be provided to me.

However, i need to have the replacement system first  and then i can give away this faulty system as I have lost all faith in Dell by this incidence which has by far washed all the previous excellent product & service records of Dell.

Kindly arrange to expedite for the new system and let me know when the same shall be delivered to us. I shall arrange to keep the faulty system in packed condition and back out all my data from the same.

Please acknowledge and arrange for the needful please.

Best Regards,

Aparna Jain

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

March 5th, 2013 04:00

That's not going to happen.  If you want to do that, arrange for a refund and in the meantime, order a replacement.

No Events found!