Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 4th, 2016 22:00

Dell Vostro 2520 Does Not Turn On

Hello,

I was using my laptop to complete school work when it completely shut off with no warning. I have been trying to turn it back on but nothing seems to work. I tried taking out the battery and putting it back in, I tried plugging the laptop in without the battery, but still nothing. Can some one please help me! I am desperate as I have assignments to complete by the end of the weekend and all my work is on this laptop!

Thank you so much in advance!!!

August 5th, 2016 20:00

Hi ALESSIACANOSA 

Thanks for writing to us. 

Have you tried releasing the static charge by disconnecting the battery and charger and then hold down the power button for 10 secs and then plug them back and power up the system, if it doesn't work, then remove the memory modules and then power up the machine, observe if it stays on, if it does, then try with one module at a time (individually try both) and then try with both together. 

If the system still doesn't show any signs of life, then we are looking at a dead motherboard. 

Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message,by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message

Regards

August 6th, 2016 23:00

Hello we are awaiting your response

No Events found!