Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 18th, 2011 02:00

Dell Vostro 3350 Boot problem

Hi,

Im new here.

Just bought a Dell Vostro 3350 (tag: <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>). It came with Ubuntu and without any DVD/CDs

I installed my Windows 7 x86 on it. I have the latest BIOS on it A07

The problem is when I switch it on, it randomly boots up. after I pressing the power button the three WEIRD buttons on top-right of the keyboard start to blinking

and system shuts down again & again till after several times of this weird process finally system boots.

I've tested it with/without its 8-cell battery, the same thing happens.

Thank you.

4.4K Posts

December 19th, 2011 18:00

Do you still have Ubuntu on the computer and you tried to set up a dual boot system?
If so, you probably have done something wrong with Grub.

If this is the case, check out this site
help.ubuntu.com/.../dualboot.html

4 Posts

December 21st, 2011 13:00

Thanks. but NO its a fresh install and I partitioned HDD using Windows 7  

4.4K Posts

December 21st, 2011 14:00

SORRY.  I have to ask the question, if you wanted Win7, why didn't you just buy it with it preinstalled?

4 Posts

December 22nd, 2011 02:00

because I wanted 13 inch with more battery life I selected this one. Big mistake.

in middle-east it comes with ubunto and with ubuntu there was also this problem FYI.

4.4K Posts

December 22nd, 2011 12:00

I'll admit that I do not know what is offered for sale in the middle-east being that I am not a Dell employee and I live in the States.  I'll have to take your word on what is offered there.

Now I'm not trying to degrade you by this next step so don't take it personally if you know and have done this correctly.
From your original post, I don't have this information.

There are some drivers that are not obivious to everyone that needs to be installed. 
Learn how to install Install Drivers in the Correct Order by Clicking Here.

Locate the Drivers and Downloads for your system by Clicking Here.

4 Posts

December 23rd, 2011 10:00

Thanks for your care. Anyways I'm not new to these stuff. My job was selling/Assembling PC parts for 10 years, I love ASUS they include the Drivers/Softwares DVD and it installed by just one click.  Thanks again

4.4K Posts

December 23rd, 2011 12:00

The three WEIRD buttons on top-right of the keyboard are - starting with the left one - Windows Mobility Center, Dell Support Center and Dell Instant Launch Manager.

I can't find anywhere that says these blinking lights are used as a diagnostic.

Have you tried to run Dell's diagnostic program on your system?
How to run Dell's Diagnostics

You may have already done this but I wanted to put it out there in case you haven't.

No Events found!