Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 3rd, 2009 18:00

Dell Vostro new hard drive question

Hi there, I have a dell vostro 1000 and was having some major problems with just the processing speeds of everything from wireless communication to word processing.  There was proper anti-virus and spyware installed and nothing was detected, so I opted to format the hard drive and start fresh with the windows xp installation cd provided.  After completing this setup process,the computer had absolutely nothing installed and the graphics appear distorted. 

Do I need to download all the drivers associated with the hardware to get it functioning the same as when I purchased it.  I see that you have many options for multiple drivers on the dell website.  Must I download every recommended driver, or should I select which ones individually?   Should I download these in any particular order?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

GW

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

May 3rd, 2009 20:00

Do I need to download all the drivers associated with the hardware to get it functioning the same as when I purchased it.  I see that you have many options for multiple drivers on the dell website.  Must I download every recommended driver, or should I select which ones individually?   Should I download these in any particular order?

Yes, you need to install drivers.

Download the drivers for the hardware that is in your PC.

Install the Desktop / Notebook System Software first. Then the chipset. Then everything else.

No Events found!