Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 5th, 2013 03:00

Dell Webcam Central Install Issues

I tried opening Dell webcam central today, and it offered an update. I accepted, ran through the motions, it froze on 47%. I had no choice but to quit the install process, which left me without access to it from the standard start menu area. I decided to uninstall, but i got a ctcab something .dll error. Googled the .dll, downloaded and replaced it where i was told, NOTHING. no difference. On trying to install over the corrupt installion with a new DWC download, i got "the current version is more comprehensive, this one will not be installed". FINALLY, after hours and hours of trying... I used IE 32 bit instead of firefox or IE64, and was able to download the latest DWC version 2.00.44. I thought I was in the clear. Ran the install, everything seemed to work. It asked me to restart, so i did, and now there is no evidence of an install anywhere in my program files x86 or whatever the folder is actually called. I tried installing 3 or 4 times, same thing. even tried from the hidden ADMIN account, and no luck. This is driving me crazy, help please.

Running windows 7 64-bit, Inspiron R n7110, Service Tag

Thank you

3.1K Posts

April 5th, 2013 05:00

Hi Afptr18,

You can use a freeware utility such as 'Revo Uninstaller' to uninstall the program completely from computer. It helps to uninstall software and remove unwanted programs installed on your computer even if you have problems uninstalling and cannot uninstall them from "Windows Add or Remove Programs" control panel.  For more information, you can refer to link: http://bit.ly/16Omp 

Once you have uninstalled the webcam software, you may download and install it from the following link http://dell.to/TjXOwa 

Please reply if you have any questions.

5 Posts

April 5th, 2013 15:00

I got Revo Uninstaller, tried it on DWC, and i continue to get the same error "0\CTCabEx.DLL Not Found."

5 Posts

April 5th, 2013 16:00

Ok, forget the last post. I got it unistalled. I installed from the link provided. But when I try and locate the program, the only evidence of it is the Live Avatar expansion. The actual software isnt there. On the plus side there is once again a DELL WEBCAM folder in the start menu. So, I again downloaded the install file for DWC from My DELL Downloads. Installed, but still, its acting like it doesnt exist. Im so lost.

3.1K Posts

April 8th, 2013 07:00

Hi Afptr18,

There is a possibility that the user account may have been corrupted. I would suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue persists.

• Click on Start -> Control Panel and under User Accounts and Family Safety click on ‘Add or remove user accounts’
  • Now click on ‘Create a new account’
  • Type in the name of the user and select the type of account as ‘Standard user’ or ‘Administrator’.
  • Click on ‘Create Account’.
  • Close all windows and restart the computer

Once the new user account is loaded, try to install the Webcam software and check if the issue persists.

Please reply if you have any questions.

5 Posts

April 8th, 2013 14:00

Thank you again for advice. Unfortunately, again, no luck. Created the account, restarted, installed software, restarted. Still having the same issues with no evidence of the install afterwards.

3.1K Posts

April 10th, 2013 06:00

Hi Afptr18,

Thank you for the response. It might be an issue with the Operating system which may have been corrupted. Since, creating a new user account did not resolve the issue, I would suggest you to perform PC Restore.which means taking the computer back to factory defaults to eradicate any software issues.

Note: This step leads to complete data loss including pictures, music files, videos, documents and applications. Please disconnect any external peripherals as well.

Please refer to the link on steps to perform PC Restore http://dell.to/Wj1rZe 

Hope this helps.

No Events found!