Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 5th, 2013 05:00

Dell XPS 12 flip auto sleep

Dear all,

I'm having problem with my xps 12, while on laptop mode some times the screen goes blank (sleep mode) all by itself, without warning. this happens when I am working unplugged, and battery is not the issue, this happens when the battery is above 60%. And I tried waking it up  by switching the power button, and/or pressing the windows button (on the keyboard and the one on the screen) but that didnt work.

The only thing i can do if this happens is to flip the laptop to tablet mode and then pressing either the power button or the windows button, but every time i try to flip it back to laptop mode the xps automatically goes back to sleep mode.

Is this a hardware or a software problem? this actually happens after I update my windows 8, but i'm not really sure whether this really is the cause of my issue, do other xps 12 users suffer the same problem? do anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Any help is highly appreciated

thanks

PS: I have tried the disabling the intel rapid start

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

August 14th, 2013 03:00

Hi Kastengel,

Request you to try using the below links then update BIOS and video drivers:

http://dell.to/111hmLd  BIOS

http://dell.to/1cAGoeI   Video

Do reply with your answers.

10 Posts

August 14th, 2013 04:00

thanks I've updated the BIOS and so far the problem seem to have stopped

thanks

10 Posts

August 14th, 2013 12:00

Hi All, and Kiran,

I've updated the video and BIOS driver, also a bunch of other stuff downloaded here on Dell's website, it didn't just fix the sleep problem but also the high pitch buzzing sound my laptop made everytime I use AC power!

thanks a lot

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

August 15th, 2013 00:00

Hi Kastengel,

It is good to know that the issue is fixed. However, if you have any other questions/ issues you may either start a new thread or send me a message. We will be glad to help you.

No Events found!