Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 9th, 2015 05:00

Dell XPS 13 2015 (9343) - Hardware issues

I've been reading up on discussion forums regarding the new XPS 13 prior to placing my order so I'd know what to expect. I'm generally happy with the machine but am saddened to find that my machine is not perfect, especially for a  £1200+ top of the range ultrabook.

-  Trackpad. I've installed the latest driver/firmware for trackpad and  bios A03 from the dell support site, yet am experiencing cursor jumping when trying to click on the buttons. There is also a delay before registering finger movement.

- Keyboard. Through normal typing, I am experiencing double keypresses on the spacebar as well as the 'i'  key.

- QHD+ display  panel. Quite noticeable screen bleed, and uneven too.

Can a DELL representative tell me what my options  are? I am presuming I need a replacement?

June 17th, 2015 11:00

The  latest BIOS update seems to have fixed this for me. Got it from the support forum here:

http://www.dell.com/Support/Article/us/en/04/SLN297563

1 Message

July 8th, 2015 14:00

I too have the same double letters popping up while type all the time - pretty frustrating. Just this post it happened about 4 times.

July 8th, 2015 14:00

Update to the latest bios, it resolved this issue completely for me

www.dell.com/.../SLN297563

3 Posts

July 10th, 2015 22:00

I personally exchanged 3 XPS 9343 before returning the last one. Each of them exhibit different problems, but screen bleed and double typing, plus loose trackpad are the more common ones. Extremely disappointed with Dell; how can this quality control standard hold for the XPS line?

No Events found!