Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 11th, 2017 03:00

Dell XPS 13 (9350) Black LCD Screen. Fixed, But How Bad?

Recently, my XPS 13 (9350) with Touch screen will just boot to a black lcd screen. I have a dual boot with Windows 10 and Ubuntu. When I turn the system on, I can get past the dell logo to the operating system select screen. However, once I got past that screen, it just becomes a black screen. The only way to get it to work was to use an external monitor. When I used an external monitor, I did notice that the touch screen still worked despite the laptop lcd showing no image.

Since, it was happening on both operating systems, I suspected a hardware problem. I found a post on this forum that suggested running the lcd diagnostic, which showed no errors. Another poster said swivel/jiggle the laptop screen up and down. When I did that, the lcd screen image came back. I think there must be a loose connection somewhere or maybe a wire in the hinge is starting to fray?

Just how bad is this issue? Will it get worse? I have owned this laptop for almost one year already and warranty is probably still good for 2 weeks or so.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 12th, 2017 12:00

" warranty is probably still good for 2 weeks or so "

:emotion-2:

Please enter your service tag number onto the link below to check warranty status.

Warranty Status | Dell US

After you have check, I suggest you quickly contact Technical Support in link below.

Contact Information | Dell US

No Events found!