Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 9th, 2017 04:00

Dell XPS 13 9350 Won't connect to the mobile tether internet?

As stated my XPS 13 barely a year old has had multiple issues with wifi in the past. Recently my phone was unable to tether to my XPS. Although it showed that there was reception, the pages would not load and loading gmail, etc would be impossible. 

I have tried multiple phones which can tether my XPS and none work effectively. 

Note that my phone can still tether to other devices such as my iPad and other laptops. 

I have installed and updated all the drivers and was wondering why there is such an issue. 

Thanks

9.4K Posts

November 9th, 2017 07:00

Hi SCMidnight,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your computer is not working as you expected.

You might try goingf into the Advanced Tab, there should be the option to select the property range of the 802.11 setting.   Do you see that option, or is the option to disable 802.11 not one of the options?

What happens to your channel quality if you change to one of the channels on either end of the spectrum?  Do you see any significant increase in quality if you try those with the integrated wireless adapter?

I would also recommend trying the various channels with the bluetooth adapter enabled and disabled and see if that makes any difference in your connectivity.  

Here is a link to a support article on Resolving Connection Issues on your Wifi Network when using Windows 10.   You may want to check out that article and see if there is anything else that helps you.

Let me know about the various channels, and with Bluetooth disabled, and if that helps or not.  If not, I'll see what else I can recommend to help you, since I know these wireless issues can be frustrating to try to figure out.

No Events found!