Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 29th, 2017 02:00

Dell XPS 13 9365 Touchscreen not working

Two issues I have found with the XPS 13 2 in 1 laptop I recently got:

1.- The most upsetting, that after the "Urgent" BIOS update suggested by Dell, the touchscreen completely stopped working, so my 2 in 1 is now a "1 in 1".

2.- The delay in the Touchpad and mouse response (even when the setting is at the 'no delay' option) is too long, up to 2 seconds.

Specs below. PLEASE! somebody help me!

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 29th, 2017 10:00

Where did you get the info from you are showing.  Since the processor is faster than that, you may be seeing the actual speed or it may be inhibited in some way.

Any messages in the Event Viewer concerning processor being throttled?

Have you made any changes to the basic system install?

Is the touch screen device showing up in the Device Manager with the Human Interface Devices?  Are there any Unknown devices showing anywhere in Device manager?

22 Posts

January 30th, 2017 17:00

I am having the same issue with the delay. But it's on the touchscreen also (bios update did not break my touchscreen).

After coming out of sleep mode, there is intermittent freezing of the touchscreen, touchpad, and Bluetooth mouse.  Rebooting solves it. But as soon as it goes into and comes out of sleep, problem returns.

I returned the first unit, and the second one is doing it also.

1 Message

February 4th, 2017 14:00

I'm having the same problem too.

Occasionally the touchpad has a delay in recognizing that my finger is actually on it and I sort of have to wiggle it around before it starts working again. Also, the touchscreen doesn't seem to work every couple times after I boot it up (but restarting seems to solve this problem). Has anyone found a solution?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 5th, 2017 07:00

I haven't noticed that in my system with the QHD resolution.  Sounds like a bad connection..

I do see some minor delays occasionally but nothing significant.  

March 7th, 2017 02:00

If your issues are with a Bluetooth mouse then try enabling Bluetooth AMP in you WIRELESS (not Bluetooth) card configuration.  I was having issues and doing this has resolved it for me.

In Control Panel, Network Connections select Change adapter settings. Right click on your WIRELESS card and select Properties and click configure.  Click on the Advanced tab, click Bluetooth AMP and then select Enabled. Click OK to save/close

Regards

James

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

June 10th, 2017 15:00

I'm also having the touchscreen problem where it stops working after waking from sleep.  It doesn't happen every time, but enough times for it to make me not want to use it reliably in a work setting.  Rebooting solves the issue, but that is not acceptable when you're in a meeting room.

Is it coming out of sleep or Modern Standby.  This system doesn't normally have a "Sleep" option so it might have even gone into hibernation.  If the display comes back quickly it is probably Modern Standby.

But you are seeing it not respond even after a few seconds?  Does it make any difference as to what configuration you are in?

I have the problem with the delay on the touchscreen recognizing when touched, the one to two second delay is irritation.  I don't know where the system goes when there is no activity for a few seconds but it does seem to be watching something else..

I might do some more testing to see if I can at least find out what is happening there.   I cannot test for the touchscreen not working since mine has not done that..  I do have the higher resolution and I do not use an external mouse or keyboard.  But it does sound like some driver is not waking up correctly.

7 Posts

June 10th, 2017 15:00

I'm also having the touchscreen problem where it stops working after waking from sleep.  It doesn't happen every time, but enough times for it to make me not want to use it reliably in a work setting.  Rebooting solves the issue, but that is not acceptable when you're in a meeting room.

Is Dell going to acknowledge this problem?  

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

June 10th, 2017 20:00

Something else I may need to bring up.  The system, when in Modern Standby, after the Display turns off,will not react to the touchscreen.  If you are in Laptop mode, you can hit the space bar but if you are in converted configuration, you will need to momentarily hit the power button.

No Events found!