Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 7th, 2013 17:00

Dell XPS 13 (L321X) Stuck on dell logo screen

My Dell xps 13 is stuck on the dell logo screen, since its the logo screen i am not even able to go onto bios or boot option or anything, absolutely nothing has been working? is there anything i can do from here? or should i just send it to dell?

• 

3.3K Posts

April 9th, 2013 06:00

Hi janhui,

Please try the following steps given below:

1. Restart the laptop and start tapping the F2 key at the Dell logo for enter the BIOS.
2. Navigate to the “Advanced” menu.
3. Change the SATA operation/selection in BIOS from Intel Smart Response to AHCI.
4. Press F10 to save changes and exit.
5. Reboot the system.
6. Go back into the BIOS by tapping the F2 key and change the SATA operation/selection in BIOS from AHCI to Intel Smart Response.
7. Save changes and exit by pressing the F10 key.
8. Reboot the system and it should boot normally into Windows.

Please reply, would be glad to assist you further.  

• 

3.3K Posts

April 14th, 2013 11:00

Hi janhui,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to this post. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

1 Message

July 14th, 2015 16:00

Hello, I am having this exact same issue. When trying your steps, I cannot get past step 1 because pressing F2 has no effect. It stays on the screen with the Dell Logo. Pressing F2 or F12 does nothing.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

July 14th, 2015 20:00

Hi,

Please try the below steps

1) Unplug the ac adapter and remove the battery

2) Press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds to remove the static

3) Turn on the computer and tap F2 to get to bios, if you are able to get to bios reset bios by pressing F9 to reset and F10 to save

4) If the computer does not go past the Dell logo, please remove the memory to check if there is a beep code

5) This could be an issue with the motherboard or the hardware components.

1 Message

November 22nd, 2015 05:00

I had the same problem. I was able to change the SATA operation to AHCI but not able to change it to Intel Smart Response. Any further advice? 

No Events found!