Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 13th, 2016 12:00

Dell XPS 13 QHD video playback issues

Hi. I bought the above laptop two days ago and since then I've been unable to play online videos (youtube, bbc, etc). The video freezes on the first frame. If I move the cursor along it shows the subsequent frames but will not play. In addition. I'm also getting lots of 'website is not responding' issues, again mainly with sites hosting videos.  I've got flash player installed, but still the same issues continue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 13th, 2016 14:00

This sounds like an issue with your network connection more than with the video.  What type of connection are you using?  Wired or wireless? What download bandwidth?

August 13th, 2016 15:00

Thanks for the reply. It's a wireless connection,however, I don't think that's the issue as videos stream fine in my tablet and phone,aswell as on my old laptop. It's definitely something to do with the Dell machine.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 14th, 2016 04:00

There's a huge difference streaming in 4K vs. FHD or lower as far as network use is concerned.  If you stream in lower resolution, does that change the behavior?

No Events found!