Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 11th, 2012 01:00

Dell XPS 13 screen flickering

Hi, I've had my laptop for a few days now and I've noticed some issues with the screen. It flickers ever so lightly randomly. Seems like the screen slightly dims on random occasions and is quite noticeable. Happens more when the AC is not plugged in. I've contacted technical support with no help on the issue at all. The ambient sensor is off as this is the worst ambient sensor I've ever dealt with. The brightness is at 100 percent. The screen just doesn't seem bright enough at times. Any ideas? I've reinstalled windows 8 twice already and still the same problem.

2 Posts

February 14th, 2015 04:00

How was your problem solved?  I am having the same issue as many continue to have.  Dell replaced mother board, and many other parts.  Nothing was replaced with screen,  Had to send my laptop to the depot to avoid continue wasting my time via tel.  Got my xps 13 laptop back from the depot without no problems found.  And 15-min after using it, flickering started again.  Than you dell!!!  Obviously, they run auto-tests, without no one observing the display behavior.  As another post indicate, I have also been with dell for many years and this is flickering frustrating...  C'mon dell you can do better!!!

It is more annoying knowing that many are having the same problem and dell seems to not care at all to address this issue via direct communication to dell xps owners. 

1 Message

March 20th, 2015 12:00

Please listen carefully! If you're unit is still under warranty or you just bought it, RETURN it ASAP!!

Dell will play hookie with you (send it to them, they don't resolve the issue, they send it back to you ...) until your warranty runs out, then you'll find out what Dell stand for - a piece of  company, if you ask me.

My unit is un-usable at this point due to the flickering. It's so bad that I completely takes over the control of the machine. Is this what I paid for??? Dell? How can so many people experience the same problem and have your techs do nothing? Yes, you took my money and made a fool of me but can't let you have the last laugh.

I'm going take this to every social media outlet that I can find. I can't sit back and let another person be victimized.

Dell, you're on a notice!

No Events found!