Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 14th, 2013 16:00

Dell XPS 14z

i own a Dell XPS 14z the supposedly  "Macbook Killer" and let me tell you it certainly doesnt function like a "macbook killer" it is extremely slow flooded with tons of software that dell installed. it is very slow and i do not know how to fix it. my sister has a $300 walmart computer and that works better than my $1300 Dell XPS 14z. i have had this computer for 2 years and it has gotten worse and worse everytime i use it. i can barely play videogames on the lowest graphic setting. photoshop can barely run. and to top it off it has terrible battery life. i have a 1 terabyte external harddrive so i can free up space on my computer but it still is extremely slow...someone please help me before i go insane

Pat

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 14th, 2013 16:00

At two years old, it's likely the battery is on its way to needing replacement.  You won't get much more than that (2-3 years) out of any notebook battery (even Apple's).

If the system is overheating, that will appreciably slow it down - have you checked the system for signs of dust accumulation?  Even a very thin layer of dust on the heatsink will cause a rapid spike in temperatures that can easily slow the system down.

Doing a fresh factory image of Windows may help as well.  F8 at powerup.

No Events found!