Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 25th, 2014 08:00

Dell XPS 15 (9530) Ambient Light Senor

I'm unable to find a setting at the OS or Bios level that will disable to Ambient Light sensor.  Am i not looking in the right spot?  For, its not lighting up as much as i want it to be.  I shouldn't have to be at the whim of what MOST people prefer.   

At boot up, my screen is bright and beautiful, within seconds of the desktop loading the sensor kicks in.  

So basically, how can i turn this off??

Thanks,

Dave

76 Posts

January 25th, 2014 14:00

The easiest way is in the windows power options settings - advanced options. Under 'display', there are settings for enabling or disabling adaptive brightness.

1 Message

July 21st, 2014 16:00

It is not so easy as what you suggest,

First you must go to "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings"

Second select "change advanced power settings"tab"

Third, scroll down to "Display"

Forth, find "Enable Adaptive" Brightness

Fifth, select "On Battery",

Sixth click "On" tab to toggle it to "off"

Seventh, select "Plugged In"

Eighth, click "on" tab to toggle it "off"

It took me several tries to figure it out,

1 Message

September 7th, 2014 09:00

Skillman: worked like a charm. Thank you. i was so frustrated with the dim screen, now my screen is bright and awesome!

January 25th, 2014 19:00

I'm a smuck!  

Thank Ken for that simple solution that worked like a charm! 

March 20th, 2014 06:00

Spent 2 hours in a Dell chat with no solution to discover now that was just a option ... Display working on 100%!

Dell, why dont you begin to see these things before start to mess around with video drivers????

June 28th, 2014 21:00

Why you ask?? LOL, becuase Dell, like most others, hires non-qualified people to tell you how to fix your computers. They simply guess at best. Your better off to look online and find forums of the others before you who have found the answers.

1 Message

August 19th, 2014 12:00

Thanks! After so many search results with no answers, this is the fix! It worked for me.

7 Posts

February 21st, 2015 01:00

No Events found!