Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 2nd, 2014 01:00

Dell XPS 15 9530 screen flashing problem after update new drivers.

Good morning everyone 
I have a Dell XPS 15 - 9530 (Haswell). After 2 months of use, i updated my laptop with the new drivers from Dell website and now i'm facing a problem with the laptop screen. When my laptop goes to sleep mode and when waked up, the screen keep flashing continuously until i shut it down by pressing the power button. I think this is the problem of the software because before the updates with new drivers, there wasn't any problem like that. Any one is having the same problem here and what should i do to solve this problem
I hope that Dell employee can see this problem and do something
Thank you so much for you help and have a great day everyone. 

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

February 5th, 2014 16:00

Hi Hai Do,

Please uninstall both the Intel and Nvidia driver and reinstall it following the steps which I have provided in my previous post.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

February 2nd, 2014 10:00

Hi Hai Do,

This may be an issue with the driver. Please uninstall the video driver from safe mode. Follow the steps below.

Tap F8 during startup > uninstall the video driver from device manager. Please follow the steps below.

Start > in search box type in device manager > under the sound, video and game controller > select the video driver and right click on it and uninstall and check the box (delete the software for this device). Restart your computer. Install the video driver using the link below.

http://dell.to/13EVLww

In this link punch in the system service tag or express service code and select the appropriate operating system, under the video category select the latest video driver and install it.

In addition perform a complete Windows update.

9 Posts

February 2nd, 2014 10:00

Thank you so much but i just have a small question, what is the video driver i should uninstall because there are video driver from Intel and from Nvidia also. And i already downloaded all the driver drom dell website with service tag and this problem happend 

9 Posts

February 6th, 2014 00:00

Thank you so much!
Have a nice day

2 Posts

March 8th, 2014 00:00

I have the same issue. Will try the reinstall as described. Fingers crossed... Thanks all!

2 Posts

March 21st, 2014 16:00

can anyone confirm that this is working?  I am having the same issue but an attempt to update the drivers left me without any video drivers and unable to install new ones - had to roll back to a previous restore point. please help

2 Posts

March 21st, 2014 17:00

Thanks Hai Do.

Just to confirm, you uninstalled and then reinstalled the intel driver?

Andrew

9 Posts

For me. I just uninstall onlyvthe driver from Intel and the problems stop. At least for me.

9 Posts

No, i just uninstall it, not reinstall it.

Hope it can help you.

1 Message

May 8th, 2014 12:00

Hi,

When trying to install the video driver in that link.  The intel driver is needed. I couldn't find it in that link. Where can I find it. All this for a XPS 15 (L502X)

Thanks

No Events found!