JbSkyline
1 Nickel

RE: Dell XPS 15 (9550) w/ Intel 530 / NVIDIA 960M - Intel Causing Screen Flickering

Jump to solution

Good call sjsilverman.  Intel 530 Driver 20.19.15.4483 worked for me too, back to no flickering.  

Thanks

Highlighted
gatmac
1 Nickel

RE: Dell XPS 15 (9550) w/ Intel 530 / NVIDIA 960M - Intel Causing Screen Flickering

Jump to solution

I am a regretful converter from Mac back to Windows. In my case I used the Device Manager to roll back to 20.19.15.4454. So far so good. Can we download a specific version from Dell? Has anyone tried the Intel Graphics Driver for Windows 64-bit download from the Intel site?

0 Kudos
Dell_Liberate
1 Copper

Jump to solution

To resolve the issue of the screen turning completely black repeatedly, I disabled Dell PremierColor in the startup tab in the Task Manager.   I had the newer Killer WIFI already installed so that wasn't the issue as reported by others.   Haven't had any issues after this change.   Fingers crossed!

Jump to solution

I uninstalled Dell PremierColor, after 4 hours of trying different drivers,  the flickering , and occasional video_tdr_failure reboot gone so far when putting computer to sleep and waking up.

MichaelJM-AU
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I had this same problem with the Intel 530 and NVIDIA 960M video hardware. The screen appeared to shut down, going black. It then restarted, re-painted and moved the cursor to the middle of the screen. This happened continuously making my XPS 15 9550 unusable. I fixed the problem, during moments of non-flicker, by changing the power plan in the "Power Options Control Panel" from "Balanced" (the default) to "High Performance". Returning it back restored the problem. There is no "DELL" power plan available on the XPS 15 9550. I've a request in with Dell Technical support for one to be provided.